Sunday, May 2, 2010

Final Thoughts

This course has been a great resource for me in my personal development. I have felt that each new chapter has provided me insight into the ways in which I communicate with others, the ways in which they communicate with me, and into the various forms of communication itself. There have been many eye-opening moments of realization when I have thought to myself, I do that, or I should do that, or now I know why he does that. One of the best aspects of this subject is that it gives us perspective on ourselves, on others as individuals, and on the human race as a whole. We see that the ways in which we all communicate are very similar to one another.

I didn’t know what to expect when I first started this course but I found it interesting and positive. It truly seems that if we were able to expose our flaws in communication and perception we could form much stronger bonds in relationships and lead much happier lives. With each chapter I found some aspect of myself that I could improve or else better understood someone’s behavior. With these new skills and perceptive abilities I am able to function on a much higher level and communicate much more effectively. I plan on continuing my studies of how we communicate and to keep observing others and myself so that I may improve my relationships.

Life is made up of relationships, some of which are the most important things we have. People spend their whole lives cultivating and caring for others and it can often be a struggle. Interpersonal communication is a tool for us to use in keeping these relationships happy, healthy, and functioning smoothly throughout their lifetime.

Thanks for reading, Sten

1 comment:

  1. Sten,

    I'm glad that you found the course interesting and useful.

    good post.

    Jacob

    ReplyDelete